|Sunday, January 12th, 2014|
Getting married to a Marine in 8 months, what are some need to knows?
My fiancé is currently living in California on base and we are getting married in August. We are both ready for this huge step and I'm ready for the huge move. I would just like to know if there are some things that I definitely need to know to help things go smoothly during the move and everything after that.
Please and Thank you! (:
1) your name: Aly
2) your marines name: LCPL Schmidt (Schuyler)
3) how old are you and your marine: I'm 18, he's 19
4) what is his job?: 3521 Motor T Mechanic
5) where do you and your marine live? I live in Illinois, he is currently in California
6) do you have any children? No
7) how did you meet?: High School
8) where is he stationed: Twentynine Palms, CA
9) how long have you been together? 3 years Current Mood: curious
|Friday, January 3rd, 2014|
So many questions
My marine and I just got engaged. He is at MOS school right not and will be leaving the school he is currently at in 6-8 weeks and continuing on to "C" school for another three to four month training period, then it's off to his three year station. We want to move in together as soon as possible, when is the best time to get married? Would I be allowed to live with him at C school? or will I have to wait until he is stationed in the fleet? Also since I am also attending college, when I chose to move in with him, will I receive in state tuition even though I have not yet established residency? Does the military cover some of my tuition cost?
I'm sorry for all the questions but it's so hard to acquire any information, I found this blog and hope that someone knows a lot more than I do.
1) your name: Danielle
2) your marines name: Brian
3) how old are you and your marine: I'm 18, he's 19
4) what is his job?: Aircraft mechanic (he's in school right now)
5) where do you and your marine live? I live in Michigan, he lives in Florida
6) do you have any children? not yet
7) how did you meet?: High School
8) where is he stationed: Pensacola, Florida for right now, Either Jacksonville, Florida or California in the next 6 months
9) how long have you been together? about two years now
|Friday, September 20th, 2013|
Hey ya'll I'm new to this too but its always nice to have a support network. I love my man and I'm very very lucky that he is willing to wait a few more years for me to graduate college before getting married <3 Hope to meet some awesome girls on here.
1. Your name? Heather
2. Your Marine's name? Thomas
3. How old are you and your Marine? Both almost 20
4. What is his job: Combat Engineer/ ABV operator
5. Where do you and your marine live: I'm in Georgia at school, he's stationed at Lejeune
6. Do you have any children? Give it a few years :)
7. How did you and your Marine meet? We started out hating eachother freshman year in high school, by second semester we were best friends. We started drifting because our SO's didn't like the other senior year and lost contact after he joined the corps, until last Christmas and the rest is history :)
8. Where did you go for your first date? His (and now my too) favorite Cuban place back in our hometown
9. What are your birthdays? mine is Feb 25th his is January 21st
10. Where is/was your Marine stationed? MCCB Lejeune
11. How long have you been together? Officially since the end of January but we are celebrating it on Christmas
|Monday, December 26th, 2011|
i need advice....
1) your name: Samm
2) your marines name: Jake
3) how old are you and your marine: both 18
4) what is his job?: training for combat engineer
5) where do you and your marine live? sd
6) do you have any children? nope
7) how did you meet?: his work
8) where is he stationed: hes in bootcamp
9) how long have you been together? a year and a half. Current Mood: confused
|Friday, January 7th, 2011|
I'm sixteen and my boyfriend is seventeen. He's going into boot camp in September. I am so incredibly nervous.
Can anyone tell me what the experience is like? Everyone thinks I'm crazy for believing that we can still work.
|Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008|
im new to this whole community thing but my fiance is being deployed to afghanistan november 1 and im not sure how i'm going to handle it. im most likely gonna fall apart but i know the most important thing to get through a deployment is a good support system. and im sure that most of you ladies knows what it's like. and ya'll can give the support and comforting words that "civilian" friends can't. im always up for meeting the silent ranks, especially ones from camp lejeune, where my fiance is stationed.
facebook: Erin DeMoss (or use email email@example.com)
one more thing: i know its about that time for the marine balls...is anyone going to be at the one at camp lejeune (at the field house unfortunately) on oct. 8?
1. Your name? erin leigh
2. Your Marine's name? stephen
3. How old are you and your Marine? i'm 22. hes 20.
4. What is his job: infantry. 0311/grunt
5. Where do you and your marine live: i live in williamsburg, va. he's stationed at camp lejeune, nc.
6. Do you have any children? i have a son from a previous relationship...no children with stephen yet...we're waiting til we're done with deployments and school.
7. How did you and your Marine meet? we lived across the street from each other in colorado springs when he was in 3rd grade, me in 5th (& ive loved him since). i moved away my freshman year & saw him once when i went back to visit. we lost contact for 7 years and then out of the blue one day he finds me on facebook & the rest is history =)
8. Where did you go for your first date? he drove the 4.5 hours up here & went to a late dinner.
9. What are your birthdays? mine is april 20 / his is jan 2
10. Where is/was your Marine stationed? camp lejeune, nc
11. How long have you been together? 6 months, engaged for 2 months. i know its early but i've been in love with the boy for 12 years. thats gotta count for something =)
|Wednesday, August 27th, 2008|
1. Your name? Sarah
2. Your Marine's name? Nikko
3. How old are you and your Marine? Both 19
4. What is his job: Nikko is infantry, hopes to make Force Recon like his grandfather
5. Where do you and your marine live: I'm in Connecticut, and he is North Carolina at Camp Lejeune
6. Do you have any children? nope no babies. We need to get settled first, I need to finish College.
7. How did you and your Marine meet? Honestly? Our friend introduced us not thinking a thing about it, and we hit it off casual at first, then were never apart.
8. Where did you go for your first date? uhhhh well three of us were hanging out, and are friend had to leave, so we hung out and drove around and went to dunkin dounuts...does that count hahaha
9. What are your birthdays? May 29th, and August 23
10. Where is/was your Marine stationed? Jacksonville, North Carolina (Camp Lejeune)
11. How long have you been together? 2 years this August
|Sunday, August 10th, 2008|
1. Your name? Desiree
2. Your Marine's name? Geremy
3. How old are you and your Marine? I am 18 and he is 19
4. what is his job: i am not sure yet cause he is still only in basic training...they gave him a choice of sniper or infantry....they also said he had a very high score in the mechanical area on his ASFAB.....i dont think he knows yet either.
5. Where do you and your marine live: I am in east texas he is in california in camp pennelton
6. Do you have any children? No not yet i hope to wait on that part for right now we are both still pretty young i want college first
7. How did you and your Marine meet? Honestly? We both went to the same church and i always admired him...and then we got put together by the teacher in our economics class...he asked me out after i helped him pass economics.
8. Where did you go for your first date? we ate at mcdonalds after we had went to wal mart and he said he needed shaving razors and he dissappeared in the store and i thought i got dumped ...then when i went to leave the store he was waiting with a big grin with a dozen roses and chocolates. he took my hand and said common i got us a reservation at a theater....we went and seen a midnight movie ...an officer and a gentleman....now that he joined the USMC i cant watch the movie enough.
9. What are your birthdays?mine is october 20th, and his january 25th
10. Where is/was your Marine stationed? San Diego, Cal
11. How long have you been together? we have been together since december 23rd and got engaged on may 31st. Current Mood: okay
hello there community
hey there i have not been a part of live journal for very long and i figured i would need to find others like myself to post to and try to find somewhat of a friend in this point in my life.
i graduated high school in may and also on my graduation night got engaged to the guy that i have dated since december 23rd and he decided to join the marine corps.
i have been climbing the walls waiting for him to get home from basic and realizing that i love him more and more with each letter i recieve and each phone call i get.
i have never had someone treat me so good and look at me like he worships the ground i walk on. i dont think he realizes that i worship him almost.
well i just wanted to post and basically say hello to the community and kinda let everyone know who i am in a short post. Current Mood: restless
|Saturday, November 25th, 2006|
*Stockings for Troops*
My cousin, Cpl. Kelly Williams, just got back from Iraq with the Marines, but her husband and a bunch of close friends are still out there. For Christmas, my cousin Emily and I are making stockings for the 22 members of her platoon.
Here are some of the things we plan to include:
* Hand-painted miniature picture frames
* Books and puzzles (Sudoku, Mad Libs, joke books, word searches, etc)
* Stationery and supplies to write home
* Individualized letters from 3rd graders
* Sanitary products
* And a bunch of other miscellaneous toys and games to help pass the time
* Holiday movies, such as The Santa Clause, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, etc.
However, it has taken much more money than we anticipated and my funds are just about out. I really don't want to abandon the idea, so I am hoping that anyone who reads this may have a few extra dollars. It doesn't have to be much, but anything, even $1, would help!
If you can't, I completely understand. But if you can spare a little extra let me know!
You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
I also have a Paypal account set up if you would prefer to do it that way. I think all you need is my e-mail address, which again, is email@example.com
Thank you in advance to any who can help!
|Friday, February 3rd, 2006|
|Saturday, November 19th, 2005|
Well this community seems like its dying!! But I wanted to post this I seen it in one of my friends Myspace. I loved & thought it was so true
( Read thisCollapse )
|Saturday, November 5th, 2005|
I didnt know that him leaving would hurt this bad & be so hard. I miss him so much already. I know that everyone says its going to get better but at this point right now I just dont see how it could.
He was supposed to leave at 7:30am but now they arent leaving till 12. He called me before like 6:30 this morning, & we talked for a little bit. We talked like the whole night. I got 3 hours of sleep or so. But we texted eachother after we said our goodbyes & that was it. Till a half n hour later he texted me back saying we arent leaving till 12. Which is good & bad I get to talk to him more, but I have to say goodbye all over again.
I wanna stop crying but it just keeps coming. Its going to be a long 7 months.
|Thursday, November 3rd, 2005|
Hey everyone! I am about to go through my first deployment ever. This saturday he leaves, I am not ready for this. Its just starting to hit me now that he is going to be gone in 2 days, no more everyday phone conversations,texts. Its going to be hard. Any advice you could give me about how to make this 1st deployment more manageable & go by faster??
|Monday, October 31st, 2005|
Military discount at Cingular (x-post)
My husband and I went in to renew our Cingular contract the other day and the girl goes, "Do you guys know about the military discount?" Uh, no.... "Well you get 20% off your bill." Sweet! Why haven't we heard about this before?
So anyhoo, I thought I'd spread the good word.
|Wednesday, October 19th, 2005|
weddong planing!! yay!!!
so johnny told me that i can start planning our wedding! yay!!! im so excited. but i need help... what colors besides white go with the dress blues? we are having a small wedding. and we are gonna get married by law. so to the actual ceremony we will only have our witnesses me and him. so i picked out my dress already. but i need to see what color i should get it. im in to the old 50's style so i was leaning toward a black with red or black with blue. we are trying to have it during the summer. that all i have for now. i need to do some more research so thats it. ( see dress hereCollapse ) Current Mood: anxious
well i havent updated in a long time. a couple days i guess. i've been busy. well me and johnny have been talking alot lately. we usually talk online. but today he called me i was so happy to hear his voice. talking online pisses me off cuz it always cuts off on us. the internet dosent like us!!! but atleast we get to talk and i get to know he is ok. yeah... nothing much happening with me. i had a huge fight with my mother in law. yeah it was all point less. she got mad at me for telling her what her son told me to tell her. is was stupid. so i decided that im done being nice to this lady. ( there"s more hereCollapse ) Current Mood: tired
|Wednesday, October 5th, 2005|
hi everyone. my name is lucy and i am engaged to this guy named Max. He's currently in boot camp but we're engaged. He left on August 22nd and is coming back on November 18th. Can anyone here tell me how this marriage will work? We're planning to get married the 10 days he'll be here. help.
|Tuesday, October 4th, 2005|
Guess I gotta take my dress back...
Well, it looks like I won't be making it to the Marine Corps ball this year. :( Aaron's getting activated a little earlier than expected to train for his upcoming deployment. So sad. On the plus side, he's excited cuz he gets to be a fire team leader. ^_^ And hey, saves us both a bit of cash. Still, I've looking forward to the ball since last year. Oh well.
|Thursday, September 29th, 2005|
1. Your name? nissa
2. Your Marine's name? LCPL Escobar(johnny)
3. How old are you and your Marine? im 17 and he is 19
4. what is his job: in iraq he is an MP. at home he is FDC
5. Where do you and your marine live: los angeles california
6. Do you have any children? not at the moment
7. How did you and your Marine meet? we met in high school through mutural
8. Where did you go for your first date? we went with his friend to
hollywood to get his USMC tattoo
9. What are your birthdays? mine is 23-oct-87 his is 24-07-86
10. Where is/was your Marine stationed? for now in iraq but once he gets
home it will be in seal beach
11. How long have you been together? 1 year and 7 months engaged for 7 months